What information do we collect?
Personal information is information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. Personal information also includes anonymous information that is linked to information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. Personal information does not include information that has been irreversibly anonymized or aggregated so that it can no longer enable us, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify you.
We will only collect and use personal information which is necessary to comply with our legal obligations and to assist us to administer our business and provide you with the services you request.
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or respond to a survey.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter the following information: your name, e-mail address, mailing address and phone number. You may, however, also visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
We use the information you provide to us for the specific purposes for which you provide the information, as stated at the time of collection, and as otherwise permitted by law. The information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience: your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website and your shopping experience: we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service: your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs
- To process transactions including executing your payments and delivering the purchased products or services requested.
- To administer a contest, special promotion, survey, activity or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails
- The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you important information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- To send periodic SMS messages.
- The phone number you provide during customer registration and/or order processing, may occasionally be used to send you important marketing and promotional information related to products and services that may be of interest to you.
Legal Basis for the Processing of Personal Information
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), our processing of your personal information will be based on the following: To the extent that we obtain your consent for the processing of your personal information such processing will be justified pursuant to Article 6(1) lit. (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”). If the processing of your personal information is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us or for taking pre-contractual steps upon your request, such processing will be based on GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (b). Where the processing is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, we will process your personal information on basis of GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (c), and where the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, such processing will be made in accordance with GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (f).
Please note that where you have given your consent to the processing of your personal information you may withdraw your consent, for example by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time which withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of any processing previously made on basis of your consent.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up to date. You have the right to access, correct, or delete the personal information that we collect. You are also entitled to restrict or object, at any time, to the further processing of your personal information. You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured and standard format and, where technically feasible, the right to have your personal information transmitted directly to a third party. You may lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority regarding the processing of your personal information.
To protect the privacy and the security of your personal information, we may request information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access such information, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information we maintain. There are instances where applicable laws or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide or delete some or all of the personal information that we maintain.
You may send us an e-mail to email@example.com to exercise your rights. We will respond to your request in a reasonable timeframe. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is correct and up to date.
How do we protect your information?
You are responsible for your own username and password safety and security on Tenavolts. We recommend choosing a strong password and changing it frequently. Please do not use the same login details (email and password) across multiple websites.
That said, we do implement a variety of security measures including offering the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Cookies used on our website are grouped into the following categories:
- Essential - these are cookies that are required for the regular operation of our websites. For example, some cookies allow you to log-in to your account and add products to your basket and checkout securely, or carry out fraud detection and security checks (along with other similar things). These are essential for the website to work properly.
- Functional-these cookies will enable you to move around the site and use its features such as accessing secure areas (e.g. content for registered users). These cookies also allow us to remember your user preferences, helping you to customize your experience on our site. The information gained through the use of functional cookies is anonymous and is not used for any other purpose.
- Performance improvers- these cookies will help us understand how effective our content is, what interests our customers and to improve how our website works. This information is used for statistical purposes only and is not used to personally identify any user.
- Advertising-these cookies enable us and our advertising partners to serve ads and manage our online advertising when you visit our site and sites upon which we advertise. These cookies record your visit to our website and the content you interact with, and may also be used to manage the number of times that you see an advertisement.